Load Balancer resets metrics when reloading endpoints

Greetings and Salutations,
I noticed an odd behavior at a client site. They have one enterprise HAProxy for all their K8 applications/service offerings. For applications that use sticky affinity cookie based - you have the option to use round robin/least connections as your load balancing policy.

Whenever HAProxy reloads endpoints (an endpoint/pod is removed or added or it just refreshes) - The state of both round robin/least connections is reset. Since this can happen 500ms-5seconds a time - it effectively makes round robin/least connections useless since it resets to the first path for round robin and it resets the connection counts for least connections.

I consider this a bug.

The application using HAProxy is state-full - the end reset of the position/metric loss is profoundly unbalanced traffic since every 500m-5s - traffic is reset and the first endpoint receives the traffic. For a state-full applicatin - they are placed on that endpoint and will never leave it until it blows up by being driven past capacity.

Is there a setting that will stop this behavior - or is this a bug - or is this some sort of feature?
I see no practical advantage to resetting the load balancing statistics on every reload of endpoints.

At an enterprise level with PODS spinning up like crazy - this behavior destroys load balancing.
Best Regards,
Dean

Same issue here, even when using Master-Worker mode which I had hoped might offer some preservation. Does anyone have an answer to remediate this behavior? We have mixed high and low traffic services and the low traffic ones never balance because of the issue described above (The high traffic services take incoming connections faster than the restarts come so the balancer is effective there)