Hello, thanks in advance for the help. Trying to figure out if this something haproxy can do.
I’m sure it can, I just can’t figure out how.
- receive a TCP connection on front end
- read the first line
- create an HTTP request with a body containing that first line from above.
- forward this HTTP request to back end, which is an http server.
- receive the http response (from the backend)
- extract the body from the http response
- return the extracted body to the TCP connection
incoming tcp request on frontend
hello, my name is Earl
converts to this HTTP request, and sends to backend
POST / HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost:8000 User-Agent: haproxy hello, my name is Earl
response from http server
HTTP/1.1 200 Ok Server: IIS User-Agent: haproxy hello Earl!
haproxy extracts the body and send it alone back over TCP connection