Capturing Incoming RTMP Data?

So, I use HAproxy to redirect rtmp. (or forward…not sure which one describes what I am doing?)

Currently I send rtmp as such: rtmp://“serverIP”:1935/stream HAproxy handles this properly.

However, now I want to send rtmp://“serverIP”:1935/stream/“stream key”. The stream key can be a name or number. My Media Server does not actually use the stream key. However, I want to use it as an identifier of who is sending the rtmp. So in HAproxy, I want to take the “stream key” and shove it in a variable that the bash shell can read. Then I use this variable to construct a file name when I create an mp4 out of a live stream. I hope what I am wanting to do this makes sense?

Can this be done? Can HAproxy take the incoming rtmp and grab what comes after /stream/ and save it in a variable that a shell script can read?

Haproxy does not support RTMP. What you are doing is transparently forwarding arbitrary TCP data, which works fine, but you cannot access RTMP application data.

1 Like

Well Ok.

But anyway, how can HAproxy take the incoming url and save anything after the /stream/ part of the URL?
?

Haproxy cannot “save” anything to disk, expect perhaps with a custom LUA script (which would be blocking the entire instance then). It’s a bad idea for this reasons, but this theory can only work with HTTP anyway.

1 Like

I think he wants to put some part of the url in a string variable.

I wonder if it would be possible to use LUA to parse out RTMP/Stream key.