Could Someone Give me Guidance on HAProxy Configuration for Load Balancing Web Applications?

Hello there,

I am in the process of setting up HAProxy for load balancing across multiple web servers hosting our critical applications.

While I have gone through the documentation and tutorials, I am facing a few specific challenges and would greatly appreciate some guidance from those with more experience.

I am trying to ensure session persistence so that once a user is directed to a server, subsequent requests from the same user go to the same server. Could someone please walk me through the best practices or configuration examples for achieving this with HAProxy? :thinking:

We are also looking into terminating SSL at the HAProxy level to offload SSL processing from our backend servers. What are the recommended configurations or considerations we should keep in mind to maintain security and performance? :thinking:

What are the recommended approaches for setting up health checks for backend servers and monitoring HAProxy itself? Are there specific metrics or tools that integrate well with HAProxy for real-time monitoring and alerting? :thinking:

Also, I have gone through this post: https://www.haproxy.com/blog/haproxy-configuration-basics-load-balance-your-servers-tableau which definitely helped me out a lot.

As our application traffic grows, how should we plan for scaling HAProxy? Are there typical bottlenecks or performance considerations we should anticipate?

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance. :innocent: