Server sate question - Seamless reload question / issue

Using haproxy 1.9.11

Would the fact that when I regenerate the haproxy file (if the servers doesnt match the same ordering), then i would send 503’s to the end-users for a short while? or it would be because of something else?

active and 1 backup servers left. 0 sessions active, 0 requeued, 0 remaining in queue.
[WARNING] 273/061724 (9419) : backend ID mismatch: from server state file: '247', from running config '251'
[WARNING] 273/061724 (9419) : Server xxxxxxx/yyyyyyy is DOWN, changed from server-state after a reload. 2 active and 1 backup servers left. 0 sessions active, 0 requeued, 0 remaining in queue.

In my backed i also use this:

default-server init-addr last,libc,none resolvers dns resolve-opts allow-dup-ip resolve-prefer ipv4

Note i am mostly using SRV / Service Discovery.

Hi,

You should rename the title of this question to something related to “server sate question”. It’s not “seamless reload” in your case.

What this warning means is that your backend order have changed between old and new haproxy processes, and so the backend ID is not the same anymore. It’s not a big deal and can be safely ignored since, in that case, HAProxy was able to find the right server in a backend which has the same name as previously, but whose internal ID has changed.

Hello,

Thank you for this, that was my understanding after reading few blogs / doc that backend had no impact…

Somehow I migrated from 1.9.11 and gived a try to migrate to 2.0.7 (with same config, may be minor changes)…

Somehow, 2.0.7 gives me good results, no 502’s anymore … I wonder why, but at this point 2.0.7 resolved the issue…