HAProxy community

AMQP Connections 1.8

I’m starting a new thread, because I didn’t want to hyjack another, with only a single part was relevant.
that one is here: 2.0.1 cpu Usage at near 100% after upgrade from 1.5

I ran into an other issue with my amqp connections, such that, <3k connections was/is causing a blockage, so bad that not even the stats page for that service configuration would load. I attached my config, (I upped the maxconn and even added to the backend server definitions.

I down graded from 2.0.1 to 1.8 (based on https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/scls/rhscl/rh-haproxy18/)

Is there a known issue with AMQP and Haproxy?

user haproxy
group haproxy

mode http

    maxconn 15000
    timeout connect 5s
    timeout client  120s
    timeout server  120s

listen stats
stats enable
stats realm Haproxy\ Statistics\ RabbitMQ
stats uri /
stats refresh 5s


listen rabbit
bind v4v6
balance roundrobin
mode tcp
option tcp-check

    server rabbit-0    check inter 2000 rise 2 fall 3 maxconn 5000
    server rabbit-1    check inter 2000 rise 2 fall 3 maxconn 5000 
    server rabbit-2    check inter 2000 rise 2 fall 3 maxconn 5000

You are not setting a global maxconn setting here. It will pickup some compilation default. Set maxconn to something like 50000 in your configuration (unless you have less than 3 Gigs of RAM here).

Also provide the output of haproxy -vv.